Debugging a High Level Forth Word
The debugger <Alt+F4> lets you execute the word step-by-step through the original text. You see the return stack in addition to the data stack. -- Demo -- Next
- The steps are executed in the target code - they are not simulated in the host.
- A breakpoint can be set in the current word. You can continue the execution in a subword.
- Flow control structures are traced in the text according to the actual conditions.
- Repeat or skip words in the text: move the marker with the cursor keys to the desired step and continue here.
- I passed the byte $77 to .bin and stepped until swap, then pressed <F3> to step through the subword swap.