HolonT builds Tcl applications in Forth
HolonT compiles Forth source to Tcl code and executes it in a Tcl interpreter.
- HolonT extends the Holon IDE with a Forth metacompiler.
- The Forth application is converted to Tcl source files.
- HolonT is a multi-platform Forth system that creates multi-platform applications.
- HolonTForth offers the usual Forth kernel words.
- Local variables replace stack juggling, make definitions readable.
- Variables are implemented as objecttypes with private data and methods.
- Forth words are compiled to Tcl procs with implicit stack handling.
- The Forth kernel words are defined in the application system, complete transparency.
- Separate application system, interactively controlled by HolonT via a socket channel.
- Redefined words are immediately effective: HolonT substitutes code in the running application.
- A Chess in Forth version of Chess in Tcl is provided
- as proof of fitness of HolonTForth for real development.
- as an extended example of Forth constructs.
- for a language comparison: Tcl versus Forth.
You are welcome to try and use this fully functional free system.
Download HolonT for
HolonT is provided under this MIT-style License.