Insert the program words, write definitions and comments. Mark the name of the word: position the cursor on the name and press <F4>. There is sufficient space for a good comment. -- Next
- Comments in the definition are delimited with parentheses and back-slashes.Comments in the comment pane are not presented to the compiler, thus no text delimiters are needed here.
- Names are unique, Holon has a global name space. This makes programming easier. You can create private wordlists in the application, and overload operators in objects.
- Holon/Forth encourages you to use many small program words. Small words are simple to understand, simple to test, and therefore they are reliable building blocks.
- Exit the editor with <Esc>, or press <F3> to exit-and-load in one sweep. The code is added to the existing code image in the target and the word can be tested immediately.
- You can mix assembler (code) words with high level Forth words. Holon can also be used for pure assembler programs.
- Holon provides high-level flow control structures in the assembler (goto-less programming).